Many real estate agents will suggest that you, “Stage your Portland homes for sale!” If you have no idea what that means, you might Google it, read a few articles and get the idea that you throw a little rented furniture into your home and call it done. If you read a little bit more, you might add a mirror or potted plant here and there. However, if you really dig into it, you’ll find that staging Portland homes for sale takes a whole lot more than that.
Test Your Knowledge
Did you know…
- Smaller furniture in small areas makes the space appear bigger.
- Carefully arranged plants bring warmth to a living area.
- Rugs and artwork add depth and dimension to a room.
- Sunlight shining through a window makes a room feel warm and inviting.
- A staged bedroom is as important as the bathroom and kitchen.
- The colors you choose can make the difference between a sale and a flop.
If you didn’t know any of the above, it’s time to talk with your realtor or hire a professional stager. Why? Home staging has been proven time and again to be one of the best steps to take to sell a home quickly and for more money.
Find Home Staging Resources
There are tons of online resources available to help you stage your home, if you’d rather do it yourself or with the help of your real estate agent. Here are just a few, in no particular order:
- The Ultimate Staging Guide Checklist
- Home-Staging Paint Color Cheat Sheet
- 10 Most Import Things To Do When Staging Your Portland Home For Sale
Hire a Professional Stager
Does this mean you can’t do it yourself? Not at all. You just need to ask yourself two questions:
- Can you afford to wait to sell your house while you’re learning how to stage your home?
- Even after researching and studying, will you be able to do a quality staging job?
If you can’t afford to wait or you’ll never be great at staging, hire a professional.
What’s the moral of the story? If you have a Portland home to sell and you’ve been considering home staging, stop considering. Do it!
Need help preparing your home for sale? I can help you asses the situation and decide wether we can stage it together or hire the right professional. Call me today!!