“Using a video will sell my home faster? Are you crazy?” Nope! More and more homes are successfully marketed and sold using a video. YouTube has become the second largest search engine in the world.
Here are six reasons you should use video to market your Portland home to sell it faster:
- Gets more eyeballs: Video is the most popular and fastest growing way people access content on the internet. According to the comScore Video Metrix, in February 2011, there were 169,646 unique online video viewers in the U.S. watching an average of 816.4 minutes of video. That’s how much video Americans watch online in one month!
- Makes your home stand out from the crowd: Video makes your Portland home stand out in online web searches.
- Pulls in more potential buyers. Videos drive more traffic to open houses and showings.
- Increases the sales price of your home. Some real estate agents believe they can get a higher price for a home that is marketed using video. Actually there is a lot of proof out there.
- Utilizes free advertising. Post your video on Facebook, Yahoo, LinkedIn, YouTube and anywhere else you have an account.
- Improves credibility: Seeing is believing. People trust what they see in a video more than what they see in writing.
If you’re considering selling your Portland home and would like to work with an agent who will market your home using video give us a call and be sure to check out other useful tips on the Portland Real Estate Blog.