What could be better than surprising your valentine with an updated bathroom this Valentine’s Day? Below are some ways to do this inexpensively in your Portland home’s bathroom:
- Paint the walls: This is one of the cheapest things you can do to upgrade your bathroom while still making an impact. Choose pale or neutral colors to make the room seem larger.
- Paint the cabinetry: A new coat of paint can make the existing cabinets look like new.
- Change cabinet hardware: Little touches make a big impact.
- Replace the existing mirror: Put in a mirror that you know your valentine will love. Or, replace the medicine cabinets.
- Switch light fixtures: Newer, more modern light fixtures will completely change the look and feel of the room.
- Upgrade water fixtures: If it’s all brass, change to chrome, the new neutral.
- Update accessories: Change the trash cans, shower curtains, window curtains, towels, towel rods, shelves, etc.
- Install dimmer switches: They enhance the mood in the room.
- Decorate with live plants: Live plants and fresh flowers symbolize life and vitality. Place plants and flowers sparingly in a small bathroom; use larger plants in a more spacious room.
- Add candles – Who can forgo candles on Valentine’s Day? Be sure to place them where they won’t be a fire hazard. Remember, they come in all colors and sizes, from simple white votives to colorful red-column candles. Use whatever sets the mood for your current room.
A few simple changes can make your bathroom retreat the perfect fit for your Portland home and lifestyle.
If you’re looking for more helpful hints on upgrades or how to maintain your Portland home, subscribe to this blog. It’s fast, free and easy.