Changes in the Portland Real Estate Market
Changes in the Portland Real Estate Market You Need to Know Before Selling
The data from the 2013 National Association of REALTORS® Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers is now available. Here are the significant changes you need to know that will help you market your Portland real estate and get it sold:
- Most buyers are married: 66 percent of all buyers are married couples (up seven percent from 2010). This represents the highest rate since 2001.
- Your property is competing against 10 other homes: Buyers searched a median of 12 weeks and visited 10 homes, this is 2 fewer homes than in recent years.
- Multiple bedrooms and bathrooms are preferred: The typical home had 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Most buyers want single-family homes: 80 percent of respondents purchased a detached single-family home, 9 percent a condo and 8 percent a townhouse or rowhouse.
- You need to promote your home to buyer’s agents: 88 percent of buyers working with real estate professionals were represented by a buyer’s agent. Up 19% from 2001.
- Hire a Portland real estate agent to sell your home: 88 percent of home buyers use real estate agents to find their home. 92 percent of buyers who used the Internet to search for a home purchased through a real estate agent.
- Market your home’s energy efficiency. 85 percent of buyers listed heating and cooling costs as important factors in determining a home to buy.
Want to work with a Portland real estate agent who knows how to market your home to get it sold? Let me show you my proven marketing plan. Schedule an appointment with me today by calling me at 503-701-3613 or emailing me at paul(at)urbanvue(dot)com.